It all starts from your kitchen by using eco-friendly kitchen products
If you want to keep your family healthy, the first place to start is your kitchen. It’s not only about making healthy food choices and replacing the processed food with organic and healthier food. It’s also about what you’re using to clean, make, and store your food. You might not think it makes any difference, but your kitchen utensils can go a long way in making you lead a healthier and a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. A lot of the kitchen utensils we use are laced with toxins and harmful chemicals to both our health and the environment. Read up our blog posts to learn about plastic bags made out of recycled materials or other high quality products that are eco-friendly.
Keep your food safe!
To start off, all the plastic containers and utensils (plastic straws, sandwich bags, and plastic cling wrap) we’ve using to store our food and drinks include BPA (a chemical in plastic that has been linked to cancer and poor heart health) and phthalates. This is terrible because of multiple reasons:
- Only 27% of plastic bottles are recycled and the rest sit in landfills where they can take up to 1,000 years to decompose.
- One million seabirds and 100,000 marine mammals die each year from plastic pollution in our oceans.
- In one study by the U.S. Centres for Disease Control, nearly 93 percent of people tested positive for BPA
Choose the right food storage!
Plastic containers aren’t the only harmful thing in our kitchens; the pots and pans we cook cause great damage, too. Remember when Teflon was all the rage? They’re easy to clean, non-stick, what more could you ask for? Unfortunately, studies have shown that they produced toxic fumes that cause flu-like symptoms in humans and can kill birds so it turns out that they’re not the greatest. So what can you do about it? Well, you should start stocking your kitchen with natural cleaning supplies, non-toxic utensils, and reusable and recycled products. Using sustainable, natural materials and reducing waste is not only good for the environment; it’s also a sound way to save money and improve your family’s health. Use paper towels and avoid plastic wrap for your food.
In this article we’ve compiled a list of eco-friendly kitchen products and utensils that you can use to protect your health and the environment:1) Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Bento Lunch Box: This zero-plastic Lunch Box is made of 100% top-grade Stainless Steel and guaranteed to be BPA-free, PVC-free, Phthalate-free, lead-free. It’s the safest option for you and your Family – plus it’s great for the environment! It’s also perfect for school, office, travel, picnics, camping.
2) REDECKER Copper Cleaning Cloth: Made from non-abrasive copper, this cleaning cloth is great at cleaning pots, pans, sinks, ovens, ceramic cooktops, glass, stainless steel and more without scratching. You can also use it outside your kitchen; like all shiny parts of bicycles and motorcycles, as well as for glass and chrome parts and aluminum rims on cars and it’s also machine-washable.
3) Saibua Luffa Soap Scrub Thai Herbal Bamboo Charcoal & Honey Bar 100: This exfoliating bar especially has an herbal-based formula that will nourish your skin thoroughly, cleansing it and gently polishing away dead skin cells, leaving you with brighter healthier skin.
4) Primode 100% Compostable Bags: These food waste bags are fully compostable. They’re ideal to use as a kitchen trash bag, food waste collection bag. The compost trash bags are much tougher than others which tear and fray easily. They are easy to use and just the right size, perfect for compost pails on the countertop or small kitchen trash cans.
5) OMorc Ice Cube Trays: Made of Silicone and PP material which is certified by LFGB, these 4 ice cube trays guarantee safety and durability. Each tray makes 14 nice-sized cubes for a total of 56. They’re great for home use, parties, and bars etc. They come with a removable lid. This smart tool allows you to make nice cubes while preventing spills and the freezing of excess water and keeps ice cubes from absorbing freezer odors. Moreover, these easy-release trays stack easily and neatly in the freezer without sticking.
6) Earthwise Reusable Mesh Produce Bags: BPA-free, safe and effective, these Reusable Mesh Produce Bags can safely hold all your fresh produce, fruits and vegetables as they are BPA-free and food contact safe. These bags are also multipurpose; with their many different sizes, these bags are not just for produce, they also work great as toy bags, crafts storage, for picnics, washing small laundry items and they are ideal for essentially any form of organizing.
7) Kishu Charcoal - Activated Charcoal Water Filter for Pitchers: These filters are the green way to filter tap water as they are activated charcoal made from oak tree branches. They are easy to use and they’re a great alternative to plastic filters. They’re also long-lasting as one stick will last you for four months.
8) Redecker Pastry Brushes: These brushes are Great for glazing, basting and spreading sauces; also useful for icing pastries or cakes, making candy, and greasing pans with oil or melted butter. They’re made of soft and flexible boar bristles that promote smooth and effortless spreading. They’re made of beautifully handcrafted beechwood which gives them a natural feel.
9) Anchor Hocking Round Stainless Steel Canister Set: This Set contains: (1) 37-ounce, (1) 38-ounce, (1) 47-ounce, (1) 63-ounce stainless steel canisters with a clamped airtight lid with silicone gaskets to help keep food fresh. It has a clear acrylic clamp lid allows easy viewing of canister contents and stainless steel finish complements any kitchen design.
Saving the environment is not an easy task, however, it’s a task that gets better and easier with time as you make small healthy changes to your lifestyle. Your kitchen is a great way to start; replacing all the harmful utensils and products that lurk in your kitchen with organic, eco-friendly ones is a great step towards a healthier lifestyle and a better environment. Do you want some water bottles that are not made out of plastic or use organic plastic? Here is the right article for you!