Enjoy your drinks with plastic free water bottles!
If you ever tell someone that you want to start being more healthy the first advice they’ll probably give you is to drink more water. We all know that drinking more water helps your kidneys, keeps your skin healthy, aids with weight loss and maintains your general health. But is drinking bottled water a safe option for you or the environment? The answer is no. Read more about plastic-free products here.
What is BPA?
Plastic bottles used for drinking water often contain BPA (Bisphenol A), which is known to cause grave health effects. BPA has been linked to some types of cancer, lower fertility rates, defects in newborn babies, and unsuccessful pregnancies. Plastic bottles also contain Phthalates, which are chemical compounds used to make plastic more flexible. Phthalates are known to cause testicular cancer, liver cancer, and sterility, and their concentration increases the longer a plastic bottle is stored. In addition, even BPA-free plastic bottles release BPS which is thought to be just as hazardous and dangerous as BPA, having parallel health effects.
Plastic products our outdated
It might occur to you that reusing and refilling plastic water bottles is safer for the environment, but it can cause serious health hazards. The more you use these bottles, the more they’re exposed to damage, cracks and wearing down, which not only harbors harmful bacteria but also allows the harmful chemicals in the plastic to leak into your water. In a study conducted by Treadmill Reviews, it was found that plastic bottles could contain more germs than a toilet seat, after one week of use.
Plastic bottles aren’t just bad for your health, they’re terrible for the environment
It’s been noted that a million bottles of water are bought every minute, and that number is on the rise. It takes ¼ of a bottle of oil to make one bottle of water and 17 barrels of oil to make one year’s supply of bottled water. Moreover, most types of plastic bottles aren’t recyclable so they end up in landfills and oceans leaching chemicals into the soil and killing the marine life. According to the Ocean Conservancy, plastic has been found in more than 60 percent of all seabirds and 100 percent of sea turtle species. Not to mention that humans who eat seafood end up injecting these plastic particles into their bodies leading to grave health consequences. So what can you do? It’s very simple. Invest plastic-free bottles or reusable water bottles that are environmentally friendly, and don’t pose any health risks to you or your family.
Here’s a list of products that you can buy:1) Kemier Collapsible Silicone Water Bottles: This water bottle is made of medical grade BPA-free silica gel and non-toxic, odorless material; approved by FDA in the U.S. It endures a wide range of temperatures from -40℃ to 100℃; you can use it with refrigerated or boiled liquids; its crash proof and anti-collision design makes it a perfect companion for bicycling, running, swimming, outdoor activities, extreme sports, and more. It has a leak-proof one-button switch that opens the cap easily; the lock ring prevents the bottle from accidentally opening.
2) Enine Capacity Leak-proof Container: The water bottle is made from food-grade safe PETG advanced BPA free plastic, and can be reused. It’s durable and can be fitted with 2.2 liters which corresponds to daily drinking water. You can use it while in the gym, hiking, cycling, traveling, and all outdoor sports as well.
3) Takeya Originals Vacuum-Insulated Stainless-Steel Water Bottle: This Stainless Steel Water Bottle keeps beverages ice-cold for 24 hrs, and hot for up to 12 hrs with double-wall insulation. It’s BPA-Free, food-grade and won’t transfer flavors and does not sweat. It’s insulated and comes with an innovative, leakproof, spout lid that allows for easy one-handed drinking or pouring. It features an innovative hinge lock that keeps the cap out of your way while drinking. Plastic free stainless steel – the option for the future!
4) Kablo Glass Water Bottle: This water bottle is leadless, non-toxic, BPA-free, BPS-free, phthalate-free, cadmium-free, and composed of 100% high-density borosilicate glass. It’s made from uncontaminated organic materials to produce the highest quality borosilicate glass water bottles available. Borosilicate glass is chemically unreactive and it will never impart flavors or leach chemicals into your beverage like plastic or stainless steel alternatives. It’s dishwasher safe, and the stainless steel caps should be hand washed. An easy to clean option!
5) Silbyloyoe Silicone Water Bottle: This silicone water bottle is durable, BPA-free, and very light-weight and it’s made from medical-grade materials. It’s leak-proof and it doesn’t take too much space so you can take it with you wherever you go.
6) S’well LWB-TEAK01 Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle: These bottles feature double-walled construction, designed to keep beverages cold for 24 hours or hot for 12. They are made from premium grade, BPA-free 18/8 stainless steel. They’re also perfectly sized to keep you hydrated all day long, from your morning commute to meetings, to yoga class or to work.
7) Klean Kanteen Reflect Single Wall Stainless Steel Plastic Free Water Bottle with Stainless Steel and Bamboo Cap: These stainless steel water bottles are made from just three materials: sustainably harvested bamboo, stainless steel, and food-grade silicone, no paint, no plastic, no coatings inside or out. They’re perfect for everyday hydration when at work, on the trail or on vacation. The water bottle is lighter due to being non-insulated and holds more liquid than similarly sized insulated water bottles. The interior is electropolished which is a safe and non-toxic process which helps with cleaning and won’t retain or impart flavors.
8) MIUCOLOR – Anti-slip Silicone Sleeve with Eco-friendly Shatter Resistant Borosilicate Glass Bottle: This bottle is made from handmade borosilicate glass, stainless steel, food grade rubber, BPA and PVC free, no lead or toxic chemicals. The Top-Grade Ultra-Clear Glass makes it more solid and durable, sealed and high heat resistant, can stand from -4℉ to 266℉. The anti-slip silicone sleeve offers a secure grip from breakage water glass bottle. This bottle is perfect for hiking, work, travel, yoga, and school.
9) BPA-Free Reusable Plastic Water Bottle Gallon Jug Container: This product is made of high-quality Tritan Resin plastic. It is 100% free of all Bisphenol compounds, including BPA and BPS. Its high capacity, chemical-free structure, and a grab-and-go handle make it the perfect travel or camping companion. Its FDA approved, food-grade plastic makes it a sustainable, reusable bottle that helps users minimize their carbon footprint.
Drinking water is great for your health, but you know what’s even greater? Being mindful of the environment and aware of the impact of the products you use. With the products listed above, you can now stay hydrated, while keeping your environment and your health safe and sound!