Read up our selection of eco-friendly furniture.
Almost everyone these days is starting to get more aware of the products they use, the food they eat, and basically the general lifestyle they lead. We’re all trying to lead healthier lifestyles that are better for us, our families and our environment. This lifestyle entails the food that we eat, the products that we use daily, and surprisingly enough, the furniture that we fill our homes with. Creating an eco-friendly environment at home is important for your well-being and the world around you. A lot of people spend most of their times indoors, whether it’s work or just relaxing at home, so it’s crucial that one takes cares of their surrounding environment and try to make it as eco-friendly and healthy as possible.
Read more about earth friendly products!
What’s wrong with our furniture?
First of all, most furniture is made of synthetic materials, so they harm your health and the environment greatly. Plastics, metals and some hardwood pieces often contain chemicals that help preserve and keep the integrity of the furniture. That means that some furniture has pesticides and/or fungicides that kill insects or molds that may invade and destroy the furniture. Some have preservatives like Formaldehyde as for plastic or steel fixtures, especially those with color, their paints may contain lead. These chemicals are released into the air and they also don’t break down easily, so they have a major health risk, pose a dangerous risk to the environment. What’s even worse are the flame retardants sprayed into the foam in sofas, cushions, pillows, and upholstery furniture in general. These flame retardants don’t linger in the foam, they are pumped from the cushions and pillows as we move around and they spread around us, polluting the air and causing serious health issues.
How can you make your home safer?
You can make your home healthier and more eco-friendly by looking for products that have low VOC content (volatile organic compounds). This will lessen the harmful chemicals that spread around in the air, causing pollution. You can also opt for recycling, so instead of throwing away old furniture, you can give it a new life by using it in a different way or repainting it. Another thing you can do is supporting your local manufacturers which in turn will minimize the amount of packaging and shipping, cutting down your carbon footprint. Lastly, when it comes to buying new furniture, you can choose natural organic alternatives that don’t negatively affect you or the environment.
Here’s a list of organic furniture you can buy:
1) Modway Aegis Mid-Century Modern Upholstered Fabric Organic Dining Armchair: This organic dining armchair is made with an iconic molded foam shell. Textured twill fabric upholsters the elegant and expensive designer frame of Aegis. The versatile armchair is padded foam shell to deliver a comfortable seating experience to rest on while eating, chatting, working or reading a book. A perfect fit as your dining room sets.
2) Krei Hejmo Vintage Brown Wooden Low-Seat Armchairs Sofa Couch with Fabric: This sofa has solid rubberwood with vintage brown color finished sofa legs and armrest frame, high-density firm foam seat and back cushion system, which is eco-friendly and has a good flame retardancy for your safety, covered with a layer of polyester fiber batting for extra comfort. It’s versatile and classically styled. It’s also easily assembled in a few steps as it’s a lightweight sofa that is easy for transportation.
3) Sleep Well Blackout Curtains: This set of blackout curtain panels includes two pieces which are made of 100% polyester fabric which is eco-friendly and toxic free. They are machine washable and easy to keep clean. These insulated blackout curtains can also effectively block out 88% of the light, with darker colors reaching a remarkable 98%. In addition, they can block out 100% of the UV rays, too. Last but not least, they can effectively reduce noise, creating a peaceful environment for you to sleep, relax or work in. They’re also very economical as they can effectively prevent heat loss, or preserve a cool temperature, allowing you to save money on electricity bills.
4) LeisureMod Modern Style Loveseat: This high-quality, environmentally friendly loveseat is made of premium full grain leather. It has high multi-density foam seat, back cushions wrapped in a silk layer that provides comfort and cushion structure memory. It also a removable back and its seat cushions feature rear zippers and are attached to the back with Velcro to ensure they stay in place for a neat look.
4) Live and Sleep Resort Ultra California King Foam Mattress Pillow: This mattress is made of breathable, plush & better quality materials, not cheap inexpensive foam. It gives you optimum comfort that relaxes & cools your body with deep rest. No coils or latex used. It’s made of world-class linen that is removable for easy green care, it’s washable & works on any home bedroom, bed frame, box spring or futon. An essential component of your future bedroom furniture!
6) Outdoor Interiors CD3111 Eucalyptus Adirondack Chair and Built-In Ottoman: This chair is made from dense and durable Eucalyptus Hardwood. It’s ultra-comfortable and it looks and performs like teak. It has a built-in ottoman for comfort and it’s also easily maintained with hardwood oil.
7) LuxClub Bamboo Sheets: These sheets are made of 60% Microfiber and 40% Viscose derived from Bamboo. They’re hypoallergenic, moisture wicking, antibacterial, wrinkle-free, fade resistant, eco-friendly, and temperature regulating. These excellent quality sheets will transform your bedroom and give you a relaxed sleep with their soft breathable texture.
8) Met Life – WPC Multipurpose Shoe Rack & Bookshelf: This shoe rack and bookshelf is made of home-friendly material, the WPC board is waterproof, anti-decay, anti-rot, and doesn’t trap dust as time goes on. It’s lightweight, easy to move or carry outside, and easy to clean up and replace.
8) SONGMICS Vintage Coffee Table: This SONGMICS coffee table creates a distinctive and modern atmosphere and adds storage space to your home or office. Reclaimed wood and custom metal accents form its rustic and industrial style, making an aesthetically pleasing furniture piece. Spacious table surface will allow room for a centerpiece while still having room for decorations or other uses. The lower shelf helps organize your remote controllers, magazines, and books. The size is perfect in front of a couch; not too big or too small. The table height is perfect to pull closer to the couch for snacks while watching your favorite movie.
Stylish and functional, this coffee table is perfect for your living room and other places that might need extra organization. The perfect piece to enhance your living space!
All in all, organic furniture in your home or indoor spaces will make them more comfortable, eco-friendly, and healthier than before. It’s also highly economical and attractive. Start your search for sustainable materials or even recycled materials. With all the advantages presented it’s definitely worth getting organic furniture for your indoor spaces! The last tip: Always look out for sustainable wood that is fsc certified.